Mobil Diesel Efficient™
Introducing Mobil Diesel Efficient, an advanced fuel formulation engineered to lower emissions and offer you an average of 2.8% in fuel savings* for heavy duty on-road trucks. Mobil Diesel Efficient is suitable for use in all diesel powered engines currently on the road in New Zealand.
Mobil Diesel Efficient is also formulated to help:
- An average of 22% reduction in particulates matter, 10% NOx, and 2.8% CO2
- Remove dirty fuel injector deposits
- Provide excellent fuel system corrosion protection
- Give you a faster, cleaner fill (anti-foaming)
- Give you an average of 2.8% in fuel savings* for heavy duty on-road trucks
- Save your business money*
We applied our technology, expertise and scientific rigour to develop Mobil Diesel Efficient as a fuel-efficient* solution to the challenges you face. It is backed by our commitment to providing outstanding supply reliability and consistent product quality, as well as by our long history of providing fuels to meet our customers’ needs. Mobil Diesel Efficient is available for commercial transport trucks. Learn more about our innovative fuels by contacting your sales representative.
* Mobil Diesel Efficient claims are based on internal and third-party vehicle engine testing, laboratory testing, and/or industry or other scientific literature. Basis for comparison for all claims is versus unadditised diesel. Fuel economy and emissions testing was performed in the UK using on-road trucks. Vehicle type, engine type, driving behaviour, and other factors also impact fuel and vehicle performance, emissions, and fuel economy. Mobil Diesel Efficient may be used in other heavy-duty and light-duty vehicles, but results may vary.
Proof of performance for Mobil Diesel Efficient™
ExxonMobil Research & Engineering evaluated Mobil Diesel Efficient in industry-recognised tests simulating real-world operating conditions. Independent tests performed at Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd, UK^:
- Compared Mobil unadditised diesel with Mobil Diesel Efficient
- Used third-party customer trucks (Euro III and Euro V specifications)
- Measured five months of normal daily on-road operations (motorway, rural and urban environments)
- Covered over 125,000 km
- Took trucks out of service periodically for lab testing
- Test results range from 2.1% to 3.4% lower fuel consumption
^ Millbrook has expertise in automotive, test and propulsion technologies and remain pioneers in low carbon development. (ISO Certification - ISO 17025, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.)
Product questions and answers
- What is Mobil Diesel Efficient™?
Mobil Diesel Efficient is a new fuel designed for diesel engines which uses an advanced patented technology to enable superior performance versus diesel without detergent additive.
- What are the benefits of Mobil Diesel Efficient?
Mobil Diesel Efficient is designed to clean up dirty deposits on fuel injectors, helping to improve engine performance. Notable benefits include:
- Improved fuel consumption
- Lower emissions
- Improved power and responsiveness
- Protection against injector failure due to injector deposits
- Excellent fuel system corrosion protection
- Protection against premature fuel filter plugging
- Faster, cleaner fill (anti-foaming)
- Can Mobil Diesel Efficient be used in any diesel engine?
Yes, it can be used in all diesel engines, including both on and off-road applications. Mobil Diesel Efficient meets or exceeds local product specifications.
- Why is Mobil launching new diesel products?
Many customers have demonstrated interest in purchasing a higher quality product to help reduce fuel consumption and provide sustainability benefits. As a technology driven company, we have responded to these needs by creating Mobil Diesel Efficient. We expect diesel demand will continue to grow with global economic development. As emissions regulations become more and more stringent, our advanced patented formulation is well-equipped to meet the value and high-quality needs of modern diesel engines and our customers around the globe.
- Where can I purchase Mobil Diesel Efficient?
Mobil Diesel Efficient can be purchased by commercial customers at selected Mobil sites, for delivery to bulk fuel storage tanks at customer facilities, reach out to your Mobil contact.
Mobil Diesel Efficient may not be available at all geographic locations.
- How does this product compare to those available in Mobil Retail stations?
Mobil Diesel Efficient leverages the same additive technology as diesel available in Mobil retail service stations, which is reflected in performance claims.
- How does Mobil Diesel Efficient work?
Mobil Diesel Efficient uses a patented detergent technology which is engineered to clean and protect the fuel system from fouling and deposits, promoting peak engine efficiency, responsiveness and cleaner exhaust emissions.
- Can deposits restrict fuel flow and impede combustion efficiency?
Fuel injector flow rate, spray quality, and injection timing are critical to support optimum combustion. Internal and external injector deposits can negatively affect each of these characteristics, resulting in a detrimental impact on engine efficiency, performance, and emissions.
- Where do the dirty deposits go?
The deposits are carried away in the fuel and trapped by fuel system filter or burnt during combustion along with the fuel.
- Can I safely mix Mobil Diesel Efficient with other grades of diesel?
Yes, Mobil Diesel Efficient meets all local specifications and can be mixed with other diesel grades.
- Is Mobil Diesel Efficient more effective in old or new engines?
Both, Mobil Diesel Efficient has been validated in old and new engines alike. Mobil Diesel Efficient cleans up deposits in high mileage vehicles and helps retain optimum engine performance in newer vehicles.
- Are you able to quantify the benefits of Mobil Diesel Efficient?
We have performed extensive proof of performance testing at two independent industry renowned facilities (Southwest Research Institute (USA) and Millbrook (UK)), using in-service trucks and dynamometer testing, to develop research backed quantifiable performance claims;*
- Improved fuel consumption (2.8 % on average)
- Lower emissions (10% NOx, 22% Particulates and 2.8% CO2)
- Light duty claims are separate
* Based on internal and third-party vehicle engine testing, laboratory testing, and/or industry or other scientific literature. Basis for comparison for all claims is versus diesel without detergent additive. Vehicle type, engine type, driving behaviour and other factors also impact fuel and vehicle performance, emissions and fuel economy. Mobil Diesel Efficient may be used in other heavy-duty and light-duty vehicles but results will vary.
- How quickly will I see the benefits of using Mobil Diesel Efficient?
The time taken varies depending on engine condition and vehicle usage.
Customers may notice an improvement within 6 months of continuous use.
Some fleets have reported seeing the results from Mobil Diesel Efficient within several tank-fills.
- Do I need to do anything during the initial phase when the fuel system is being cleaned?
If you switch back to diesel without detergent additive, deposits will build up again on fuel injectors, therefore, performance will deteriorate.
- Once my injectors are clean, can I switch back to diesel without detergent additive?
If you switch back to diesel without detergent additive, deposits will build up again on fuel injectors, therefore, performance will deteriorate. We recommend you continue using Mobil Diesel Efficient to retain optimum performance and a more efficient combustion.
- Does Mobil Diesel Efficient reduce vehicle downtime?
Mobil Diesel Efficient has many operational benefits which may help reduce vehicle downtime, such as providing:
- Excellent fuel system corrosion protection
- Protection against premature fuel injector failure
- Protection against premature fuel filter plugging
- Potential aftertreatment system benefits
- Mobil Diesel Efficient will enable quicker refuelling due to an anti-foaming agent
- How does Mobil Diesel Efficient help aftertreatment systems?
Cleaner fuel injectors will drive more optimum combustion producing a cleaner burn and less engine out emissions (particulates, NOx and CO2). Benefits may vary depending on how engine control units manage aftertreatment systems.
- Does Mobil Diesel Efficient specifically help Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF)?
Feedback from the commercial users indicated they experienced a reduction in DPF regeneration, which means that less fuel is required for active regeneration, as well as less stress on DPFs, which may result in extended life. Benefits may vary depending on how engine control units manage aftertreatment systems.
- Does Mobil Diesel Efficient reduce Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) consumption?
Feedback from commercial users indicated that they experienced a reduction in DEF consumption. Less NOx emission from the engine equals less required DEF when dosing is based on NOx measured in the exhaust. Benefits may vary depending on how engine control units manage aftertreatment systems.
- How does Mobil Diesel Efficient compare against other fuel savings technologies / initiatives e.g., low rolling resistance tires, lubricants, improved vehicle aerodynamics, driver training programs etc.?
Mobil Diesel Efficient can be combined with other fuel saving initiatives.
Unlike some fuel savings technologies Mobil Diesel Efficient does not require any physical adaptation of your vehicles.
- How do you control the right amount of additive going into the fuel?
We have operational checks at our terminals to make sure the additive equipment is dosing at the correct level and that drivers are loading the right product.
When the product is supplied from third party terminals, we work closely with operators to ensure additisation is correct.